Sunday, June 20, 2010

I’m back from hiatus with a baby boy to show for it!

Wow I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last post!

I’m so excited to be back. Over the past several months I’ve had many great ideas of topics to share and projects to do. I was very sick for most of my pregnancy and extremely tired. I had many potential complications along the way. Some days I felt as if I was pushing through this pregnancy white-knuckled by sheer will, but in the end everything was just fine. Baby Scott arrived at the end of March, happy and healthy. He and I are both doing very well and for that I am extremely thankful.


I pursued hypnosis in order to help others work through challenges in their lives. During this pregnancy I found myself relying upon some of those techniques to help myself out along the way. Each of the complications I had during pregnancy could have had harmful effects on my baby. I have also experienced a couple of miscarriages in the past. At one doctor appointment early on, my doctor read through my chart, took note of all the potential complications, and made the off-the-cuff remark of “Wow, you only look like you’re a healthy person.” Here’s a hypnotic hint: Be very careful what you say when someone is highly stressed because messages from someone in authority (such as a doctor) go straight into the subconscious. I was already highly aware of my complications and was working on keeping a light, positive attitude but I tell you after that comment I went out to my car and cried for an hour. Then I remembered a technique I use for some clients in my Hypnosis for Fertility sessions. It involves checking in with an “inner assistant" who resides in the womb and watches over the baby growing there. Although I was distraught with fear, worry, anger, and sadness I took a deep breath, put myself into a state of self-hypnosis, and asked my own inner assistant for a report. The image that came to mind was of a sweet-faced woman about 60 or so, with gray hair pulled back in a bun. My inner assistant grinned at me, nodded her head enthusiastically, and gave me a big thumbs-up. I took another deep breath, and decided to cancel out the negative feelings I got from that doctor appointment. I routinely checked in with my inner assistant until I could feel Scott moving around. The last time I checked in with her, she still nodded enthusiastically, grinning, and gave me the thumbs-up. I also noticed that her hair was coming out of her bun, kind of wild, as if she’d been busy chasing around an active little boy!


Compared to pregnancy my labor, delivery, and recovery were a breeze. I have emerged from the new-mommy stupor that comes from sleepless nights and adjusting to having a newborn and a four-year-old and I am ready to roll! As I mentioned earlier, I have a lot of exciting ideas in the works and many topics to discuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment